Friday, 16 April 2010

Exciting Times!

 
Been super busy- SO much to tell you; I'll start with my performance at the Ivy...
TUESDAY 6TH APRIL
This place is decadent that's for sure... I was very disappointed to not spot ONE single celeb there but the decor impressed me... especially the glass- 'Charlie & The Chocolate Factory' style lift!! Tonight was the first outing of 2 new outfits- one being The Gabby Young trio - which is basically me and 2 'animals' who play trombone and double bass- they were all dressed up in their DJs and looked very smart! The second was the revealing of the second Salon Gabrielle dress- 'The Peacock dress'... It is a beautiful 30's inspired draped corset dress with a VERY long train of peacock feathered design.  Designed and made by Sofia Kalaitzidi, with fabric design by Kundalini Arts, with Robert Burton, I felt like a peacock princess in it and was honoured to stand tall in another of my own collaborated collection; Salon Gabrielle!Jennifer Nash did an amazing job at matching my hair and makeup with the dress- complete with peacock feathers in my hair.

WEDNESDAY 7TH APRIL
Today started with a visit to the Vintage Secret sale where I recieved a present from Naomi - a long green 40s dress and I also acquired 4 vintage hats to add to my evergrowing headwear collection!
Dingwalls was the gig tonight and I decided to rock the UglyLovely headdress with the new dress from Vintage Secret - this gig was mindblowing - we were lucky enough to support the world music LEGEND- Vieux Farka Toure (yes, Ali's son!) and we African danced the night away. I got a lot of people wanting to try on my headdress and even had a group of Japanese girls surrounding me taking pictures too!Here's a little video:



THURSDAY 8TH APRIL
I was up at ridiculous o'clock which could only mean I one thing - I was off to either the airport or Eurostar... it was the latter. My mum, sister and I went off to Paris to stay with my brother (who lives out there with his lovely wife and my 2 adorable nephews- Oliver and Henry) this is Oliver playing my Ukelele- I love these kids!!
It was mainly a baby sitting mission for us all but I did manage a bike ride to the Eiffel Tower from Place D'Italie and back in a MINI SKIRT!! This was a HUGE achievement for me as I haven't ridden a bike in over 5 years and NEVER in a city before - I couldn't help but feel pretty proud of myself (Ah, life's little wonders!)

MONDAY 12TH APRIL
I did a special rare acoustic show at Blacks members club tonight - it was a tiny space but very enjoyable. Stephen and I played a blinder, if I do say so myself and I wore a black vintage dress, Irregular Choice boots and a gorgeous feathered headpiece by my good friend - Amelia Mullins aka Miss Sassy's Spectaculars! I would have worn the Pandora dress tonight but my playing space was a tiny stall and there was no room for it's beautiful train so I had to think on my feet and stay in the dress I arrived in - I haven't gigged in a simple black dress in a while- I definitely prefer dressing up!!



This week has been mainly about packing up my room at my parents house (they are moving to London in less than a month!!), a photoshoot for Art Car Boot Fair- which I will show you soon, AMAZING news about festivals and waiting for Company Magazine to come out to see my feature!!


This weekend I have another special acoustic show at The Sketchbook Pop Up shop and I am so excited to be a part of this - especially on their last day. I am fan of their magazine and an avid follower of their brilliant blog and twitter page so I am honoured to play for them- and you if you come at 3pm on Sunday 18th April!






10 comments:

  1. Your voice sounds amazing in this vidio...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all those who watch for the success of this beautiful blog !!

    voyance en ligne gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thank you
    Voyance gratuite serieuse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sujet très intéressant sera signet votre site pour vérifier si vous écrivez plus sur l'avenir

    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the good times in your blog. I am often in the position to watch (again and again) those wonderful articles you shared. Really interesting. All the best !

    voyance par mail ; voyance gratuite en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci de partager cette information utile! Espérons que vous allez continuer avec le genre de choses que vous faites.

    voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, this achievement is a real wonder, thank you for this article in any case.

    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is for the first that I just visited your site and I find it really interesting! Congratulations!

    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your site is wonderful! I wish you a very good continuation.

    voyance gratuite par Email

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind.
    voyance gratuite mail

    ReplyDelete